New perfume



Christmas isn't Christmas without a bottle of perfume under the tree. And so my exploration of Guerlain scents continues and my enthusiasm is not dented by having several bottles now.

To recap, here is what I have:
L'Heure Bleue
Idylle
Mitsouko
Nahema
Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune

Out of those, Mitsouko is my favourite for several reasons. Mainly I feel it can be worn at any time of the day and whatever mood I am in. It's just wonderfully comforting and always right. It doesn't make a hangover worse (in fact, I find it helps clear my mind) and it never feels too much.

I love L'Heure Bleue and blogged about it here.  However it's really not a day scent unless you want people around you to wonder if you have another 'evening' job.  It's very heavy and sexy. I love it and often put it on after an evening bath and spend the night sniffing my wrists.

Idylle was a Christmas present last year. I wasn't wild about it to start with but I have grown to really like it. It's quite sweet which isn't my usual taste but it's very classy. When I am in the mood for it, I enjoy it.

Nahema is rosy heaven.  I love it but again, it's not a perfume for any time of the day. I have to be in the mood and it can give me a headache. When I am in the mood, it's simply fantastic and lasts beautifully. I love it even more a few hours into wearing it.

Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune reminds me of the South of France as I bought it for a holiday there. To me, this is such a holiday perfume. It's full of sunshine and happiness. But it's not a perfume for this time of year. It feels like I am trying to fool myself if I wear it in January.

So, that brings me to my new perfume. It is Apres L'Ondee. I tried this a year or so ago and was unimpressed. However, earlier this month I tried it again and was bowled over. It just goes to show how emotional and mood-driven perfume can be. This is just a lovely scent. Very comforting and soft. The Book describes it as a heavenly heliotrope and one of the twenty greatest perfumes of all time. I am not going to argue with that. It's also another beautiful bottle from Guerlain. They really know their perfume.  I am going to have to go to the shop in Paris soon...

2 comments:

Jenni said...

oooh, I am intrigued to try it. My Christmas perfume this year was Jo Malones Pear and Freesia. A departure from my usual fruity favourite of Nectarine and Honeyblossom, and quite grown up! Floral but not over powering, so Im happy with it. But the scent I REALLY want is a perfume that smells exactly like Moroccan hair oil. For about an hour after I put it on, I sit there smelling my hands and my hair. I can't get enough of the scent! But I have no idea what it is! Any ideas?!

Cover Girl said...

I agree that the oil smells lovely. I have no idea of a scent it smells like although I'd be tempted to try some Serge Lutens if you haven't already.

I like that new Jo Malone pear perfume although my all-time Jo Malone favourite is Red Roses. I'm much more floral than fruity. ;o)

Eyelash serums and other excitement

It's been a while hasn't it? I'd like to say it's because I have found all my desert island products and have nothing new to...