Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick


A rhetorical question for you all: is it possible to have too many bases in your make-up collection? Ha! If you're reading this, I think your answer is the same as mine.

Sali Hughes raved about this in her Guardian column and obviously I had to investigate. An investigation turned into a purchase in Sephora in New York. It's cheaper over there. No, honestly, even with the crappy pound, it is a few pennies cheaper!

The lovely lady in Sephora colour matched me (vanilla). This stuff is really good for a lazier day. If you can't be bothered to blend in a liquid foundation, then pad a little of this on. It is highly pigmented so you don't need much and you can choose to put on a little for under eye circles or go the whole hog. I really like it and it's perfect for travelling. I do slightly prefer the glow of the Givenchy couture balm foundation but this is also excellent. I also bought a very dense foundation brush - not the Hourglass one because that is expensive and other brushes do the job as well. I went for a Sephora one.


I am liking it very much. It simply buffs the foundation into the skin and looks more polished. I apply with fingers first and then I buff at the end rather than applying it with a brush.

You can read more about the Hourglass foundation here. I would say most normal people don't need as many bases as I have but in my defence, I do use them all. It depends on season, my mood, my skin, how bothered I can be to make an effort. I have a feeling I will have this for a long time, it's not a big stick but you really hardly need any. Check it out!

2 comments:

MissDisco said...

I have to say it that I'm not that taken with this. I find it a bit hard to apply and much prefer my Givenchy foundation

Cover Girl said...

I am about to do a post about applying foundation sticks!

Eyelash serums and other excitement

It's been a while hasn't it? I'd like to say it's because I have found all my desert island products and have nothing new to...