La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Tinted Fluid SPF 50+


January is a slightly odd time to be discussing sun protection. It's grim out there and I don't think I've seen sunshine this year yet. Yet every expert says we should be wearing SPF all year round and we all know that the sun is bad for our skin and that means January cloud too apparently, it can still damage.

My second new year resolution was to start wearing an SPF. I admit that I don't unless it's scorching on the basis that I work in an office and am not outside all that much. But guess what? I've got a dog now and she needs walking and I find myself outside more.

Do I need SPF 50+? Umm, probably not right now but I do like La Roche-Posay. I picked this up for £17 which is quite reasonable and I like that it's tinted. You can use it instead of a foundation. Because you're not meant to combine your SPF with your moisturiser. This way, it will be the last layer to my routine which is what we're after. Except if you use foundation. It's all very confusing.

I have tried this a couple of times. On the upside, it's very light and a great texture. Downside - it bobbles. Nothing is more frustrating than skincare that bobbles. I am persevering with it because it could be I simply have too many layers of product. Maybe I just need to master it.

Readers, do you use SPF every day? And if so, what do you use and when do you apply it in your routine?

2 comments:

Sally said...

I use the Clarins multi-active day cream with the SPF20 included. I bought it in the duty free on the way to skiing last year and, even though I use SPF50 on my face when skiing, one day I forgot it and I didn't burn with just the Clarins on. So, I figure it is definitely OK for British sunbeams.

I remember going to a wedding once on a scorching hot day and using MAC liquid foundation. At the end of the day I had a red neck and chest but my face was fine. Looked ridiculous! But it was a useful reminder that the foundation had SPF.

MissDisco said...

This is getting a lot of love!

https://www.thebodyshop.com/en-gb/face/view-all/skin-defence-multi-protection-essence-spf50/p/p001071?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvNeFwIab2AIVzL3tCh0JnQiBEAAYASAAEgJgKvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CMbghcGGm9gCFREj0wod7KUGjg

Eyelash serums and other excitement

It's been a while hasn't it? I'd like to say it's because I have found all my desert island products and have nothing new to...